Saturday, May 17, 2008

Time to tighten up!

Now that I am on this adoption journey, and understand the financial aspect of it, I am having an interesting dilemma. How do I reconcile the me that wants to give in some way to the families that are "adoption-financially challenged", like myself, with the me that desperately wants to bring my child(ren) home as soon as possible and therefore needs to tighten up and get to saving?

One seems counterproductive, while the other seems selfish, but there it is. I have been thinking about this quite a bit more than usual. The more I learn, the more I want to do something, anything to help as many as I can. 

In the meantime, I will keep praying, as that is a powerful something. In my confusion, it is good to at least be sure of that much. 

4 comments:

Amanda Aucoin said...

Hi there. Just looked at your blog referred by Storing up Treasures blog--who spotlighted you! I'll talk to hubby about donating. God bless you!

Michelle said...

I understand the confusion. The financial stress has been very very difficult for me yet I know this is something we are supposed to do even though we don't have the means to do it!

Blessings!
Michelle
www.journeytomercy.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

When you complete your adoption... there will be plenty of time to help others. :)

poseygirl said...

You know, Courtney, when you put it like that, it makes perfect sense. :) After my adoption is complete, I know in my heart, I will be committed to doing just that. I will be forever changed for the better.