Friday, May 23, 2008

Lunch with my kids.

So I pick my kids from school today, and we go to lunch. Before we ate, we blessed the food. Once we finished, an older gentleman tapped my shoulder and with a smile, jokingly asked "were you actually praying in public?", to which I replied, " can you believe it?". He said "Do you know that you might get arrested for that?" So we  talked a little bit about what a shame it is that public prayer is somehow offensive to some people.
I told him we do what we need to do, and we pray. He said, "AMEN, I'll see you up there!".
He was adorable, and he put a smile on my face. 

Man, oh man, what a crazy world. 

On another note, I am watching the effect our adoption journey is taking on my husband. It is subtle and sweet. I feel for him, knowing how I have been feeling lately. As a teacher, he sees and hears about situations with kids more than I do. As tough as it is, he is sometimes visibly upset, and I think that it makes him more proactive. It has made him want to be an even better father. It is all good. 

1 comments:

Melissa said...

We always pray at restaurants too, but so far no funny looks or funky comments. I always hope maybe we are encouraging someone else to be a little more bold next time.