Sunday, May 25, 2008

Thoughts

I am really enjoying blogging, even though I can't imagine anyone caring about what I have to say. It really is a great way to work through feelings. I am a journaler by nature, and this is that but with the possibility of feedback. I love it. 

I am in tears right now watching an HGTV episode of Deserving Design. The couple adopted 3 siblings. The family is so sweet, and they had the kids rooms made-over. So awesome. It is such a great example of how adoption changes lives for the better, and something else for me to bawl over.:)

Anyhoo, anyone who bothers to read my blog, I truly appreciate it and if you give me feedback, that is even better. If it seems like I am rambling, I am.:) I am consumed with getting the adoption process started, but I can barely, if at all, put those feelings into words. So I always feel like I am off topic. 

I wonder how many ways and times I can express my heart's desire to adopt, without doing anything about it, before I sound ridiculous. I mean, I am in major research, fundraising, filling out application mode, but seriously folks not much is happening. I am not discouraged, but I feel like time is a-wastin'!!

I think I was prepared for an immediate rollercoaster ride (I know that's coming too), but right now I feel like I am in the line to get on the rollercoaster (in the really hot sun). Patience is not my strong suit, but I am working on that. 

Everything and everyone around me is life as usual, so I think that makes this a little tougher. I want to shout about it, but somehow that doesn't seem appropriate. I am trying to wait until we get closer to bringing our baby home.  I am sure I won't be able to help myself at that point.

Am I rambling? Yes. Knowing is half the battle, so I am out of here.;)

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I know that feeling of wanting to tell everyone and then feeling you should wait. Go with that "wait" feeling. :) No matter when you tell you will wish at times you could go back to people not knowing. It's hard to answer all the questions.

Michelle said...

I understand... right now being in postponement and with options to switch countries is driving me crazy. I just want to see some progress. So I continue to wait and I keep praying. And about fundraising.... if you come up with anything good that works I would love for you to share.

Blessings!
Michelle

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. I love your thoughts. I think we are a lot alike. I too want to get the ball rolling right away. It WILL all come together though and before you know it you will be on the ride!

Marta said...

I love your analogy about waiting in line for the ride! But don't worry, once you get on that ride you are in for the time of your life!