Monday, May 26, 2008

Missing my kids

The toughest part about my job is sometimes being away from my kids on the weekends. I have an awesome mother, who is the kind of mom I strive to be (more on that in another post:)). Many weekends I take the kids to her house when Dale and I work. We moved about an hour and a half away from her last year, but I still commute a lot. 
This past weekend is the kind that I dislike pertaining to seeing my babies. I took them down there after school on Friday, and I have worked everyday since, but closer to our house. I don't like to make the kids make that commute more than once a week if possible (it is especially hard on J), so I let them stay at Grandma's. They don't mind. They miss her, and she misses them, plus they see all of their uncles, Godbrother, etc...but I can barely STAND it. I am usually okay the first day since I am out late the night before and I sleep a little later than J usually lets me, but after that I am a teary mess! Of course, we talk on the phone. I try really hard not to let on how sad I am when I tell them how much I miss them. 
I say all of this to say that I have a goal of being home much more. As it is, I have always considered myself a working stay at home mom. Before we moved here, the kids were almost asleep by the time I had to leave for work. The commute adds almost 3 hours a day to my commute (giving me an almost 7 hr work day), and robs me of precious time with my family, but I have a plan! I am looking forward to being home just about every day with my kids. 
I think this weekend has been especially hard, because it's the first time in a long time that I been away form them this long. Good news is that I am about to be on my way to see them before work tonight and they are coming home with me later. Summer is coming and that changes everything. I just want them home. 

0 comments: