Thursday, June 19, 2008

Up in the middle of the night

I'm trying so hard not to get discouraged about adopting. As I sit here with an aching heart, all I can think about is money, money, MONEY!!! How can this be so much about money? I know I have to have faith, and I really do, but sometimes it is so hard. I mean, I am willing to do what it takes, but I can't tell you how many nights I have tossed and turned with these thoughts. I can only imagine how many more there will be. 
Maybe I can try to look at this as preparing for sleepless "newborn nights":), much in the same way pregnancy sleeplessness is said to do the same thing. Emotionally, I do feel pregnant again. I just pray that it doesn't last any longer than my last pregnancies. Hopefully ALOT less. 
Now that I got that off my chest, I will attempt sleep...again.

4 comments:

Salzwedel Family said...

Oh, I feel your pain. Have you called around for homestudy agencies? I called a lot of places before I found the one to do ours. They were literally thousands of dollars cheaper. Make the calls & get your homestudy going...the money WILL come!

Anonymous said...

I agree... you have to take the leap in faith. It will all come together!!!

KT said...

just came across your site.
I too understand adoption and money, we had some donations, yard sales and such to complete our adoption our daughter. We are working on funds for #2 right now.
www.hopeforthehollises.blogspot.com
chin up
He will provide

Created For His Glory said...

Yes! He will provide.. but you need to get both feet out of the boat and have faith to walk on that water... if one foot is in and one is out... you're eventually going to fall! God has blessed us over and over ... but it does require faith and just "going for it"!!!