Tuesday, June 3, 2008

So excited!

Summer vacation has officially begun. I am so excited to be able to spend more time with my family. I am sure to be exhausted, but also sure to be happy. I also won't have to get up at the crack of dawn for at least 2 whole months.
Today is actually my day off!!I am at home with my babies, and it feels so good. I am tired but happy. I can tell a night off was in order, because my baby boy is practically attached at the hip. I can always tell when he is really missing me. It makes me so sad to know that he hasn't been getting his "mommy fix" in sufficient amounts. It is interesting how that need for me manifests itself. He becomes very demanding, but in a "poor little me" kind of way, that makes me feel so guilty when I sometimes get annoyed. Ultimately, he is so sweet and cute, I just wanna eat him UP!!! My baby girl, on the other hand, only cares that I am in the house. She gets disappointed on my way out of the door on the nights I have to work. I kiss her good-bye, and we have the same banter each time.
T: "You have to work tonight, mommy?"(a little whiny)
me: "Yes, baby, I do."
T: "Where are you working?"(still a little whiny)
me: "Well today is ___day, so..."
T: "Oh you are at _______"
and my heart hurts a little as we say our goodnights, and I love yous...EVERY time.
So, tonight I am home, and while some people think my "career" is very exciting, I have been looking forward to the same ol', same ol' at my house tonight and tomorrow (my days off). All I can say is WHOO HOO!!!!!

0 comments: